With the Blend it’s never been easier to enjoy healthier versions of your favourite recipes without sacrificing taste and texture. Use mushrooms to transform your meals – simply chop mushrooms to match the texture of ground meat and use in place of some of the meat in recipes you love so much as burgers, meatballs, meatloaf and pasta sauce.
Why the Blend?
- Reduce calorie and fat intake. Research suggests substituting mushrooms for lean ground beef in an entrée just once every week would save you almost 20,000 calories in one year.
- Pack in nutrition. The Blend adds more nutrients to the plate like vitamin D, potassiom (8%), B-vitamins and antioxidants.
- Boost flavour. Studies show combining meat with mushrooms actually enhances the flavour of your favourite recipes.
- Reduce sodium intake. Thanks to mushrooms’ umami (savoury) taste, studies confirm you can maintain the delicious flavour of recipes you love while reducing sodium by 25%.
- Extend portions. The Blend adds bulk and volume allowing you to generate more servings and extend portions. Did someone say leftovers?
- Bring vegetables to the plate. Adding mushrooms into the mix makes it easier to add and extra serving of vegetables to the plate.
- Go Green. Mushrroms are grown year-roung in highly controlled environments and effectively convert water into food.
- Save money. Generating more servings and extending portions means cost savings on the price per serving.
How doess the Blend work?
No frills. No fuss. Making the Blend is as easy as 3 simple steps.
1. CHOP up your favourite mushroom variety to match the consistency of ground meat in the recipe.
2. COOK and season the mushrooms the way you would meat.
3. COMBINE the cooked mushrooms and meat and use the mix to complete you recipe.